Hi again Sugar Bee readers! Shatzi from Love and Laundry here and I’m so excited to be back with a fun Thanksgiving Kid’s Craft! It seems just like yesterday that I was here sharing for Halloween!
Speaking of Halloween, my goodness it was busy this year! I don’t remember a year with so many fun activities planned. My husband was joking that they should re-name it Hallo-week. Hehe!! But, really, our kids had so much fun! So much fun, in fact that I couldn’t find time to get them to help me with this craft. So instead of my cute kids showing you how, it’s just me – kid crafting my day away while the kids are at school. I’m planning to finish the rest of these napkin rings with my kids next week because we’re hosting Thanksgiving at our house this year!
This is really easy to put together. And fun for kids to pick out the buttons! Here’s what you need:
Craft Sticks (I used 10)
A 4-inch x 5-inch piece of felt
Assorted harvest color buttons
2 pieces of skinny ribbon
Glue (regular white glue won’t stick to the felt, you’ll need either Tacky glue or Hot Glue for that part)
Start by gluing the buttons onto the craft sticks. I just used school glue to put these babies on.
While that is drying, glue the ribbons onto the back of the felt. I was out of Tacky glue so I used hot glue. If you’re using that option, be sure to supervise kids very closely so they don’t get burned.
After all of the glue is dry, then glue the button filled craft sticks onto the front of the felt and let that dry.
When it’s completely dry, you can roll it up, tie it together and stuff it with a Thanksgiving napkin.
Isn’t this going to make a cute kid touch at our Thanksgiving table?
Thanks, Mandy for having me today!
- Kid Craft Contributor – Popsicle Stick Puzzles - July 5, 2013
- Melted Bead Keychains – Kid Craft Contributor - June 7, 2013
- Safety Pin & Bead Bracelet – Kid Craft Contributor - May 3, 2013
- Pinwheels – Kid Craft Contributor - April 5, 2013
- Homemade Moon Sand – Kid’s Craft Contriubtor - March 1, 2013
- Kid Craft Contributor: Handprint Valentine Cards - February 1, 2013
- Sock Snowman: Kid Craft Contributor - January 4, 2013
- Glitter Snow Globes – Kid Craft Contributor - December 14, 2012
- Indian Corn Napkin Rings – Kid Craft Contributor - November 2, 2012
- Furry Halloween Spider – Kid Craft Contributor - October 5, 2012