Hi Sugar Bee readers!! It’s Shatzi from Love and Laundry back again for my monthly kid craft post!! I love doing seasonal crafts with my kids. The problem with this April is, there really are no holidays. But that’s okay, because it’s been beautiful outside and I can feel warmer days ahead! Woohoo!! One thing about spring that I love/hate is all of the wind. And I swear, no matter where you live, spring is windy! It reminded me of a craft that my son made in his Kindergarten class last spring. It is easy and mostly uses supplies you probably already have at home!
- Scrapbook Paper (I cut mine to 6×6 – so you get 4 from one 12×12 sheet)
- Push Pins (or as my kids call them “pokies“)
Start by drawing an X from corner to corner on each of the paper squares. It’ll help you know where to cut.
Now, cut each line ALMOST all the way to the middle.
This is what you want to end up with:
Now, fold one corner from each cut edge into the center.
It doesn’t matter which corner, just as long as it’s the same side on all four corners.
To hold it in place, grab the push pin and poke it through the center.
Can I just insert and aside here. When did I grow up and get mom hands? *sigh*
Grab a pencil and push the other side of the push pin through the eraser.. They actually stay put together pretty good in the eraser!
There are definitely NOT just for decoration. I took my daughter outside in the windy afternoon meaning only to take pictures. And the wind was spinning the pinwheel like crazy! It took me a minute to find a spot that kept it still for pictures! After that, all the kids grabbed a pinwheel and ran and ran through the yard. It was too fun and cute!!
Thanks for letting me visit, Mandy!! I hope you all enjoyed this month’s Kid Craft!
I’d love it if you came to visit!
- Kid Craft Contributor – Popsicle Stick Puzzles - July 5, 2013
- Melted Bead Keychains – Kid Craft Contributor - June 7, 2013
- Safety Pin & Bead Bracelet – Kid Craft Contributor - May 3, 2013
- Pinwheels – Kid Craft Contributor - April 5, 2013
- Homemade Moon Sand – Kid’s Craft Contriubtor - March 1, 2013
- Kid Craft Contributor: Handprint Valentine Cards - February 1, 2013
- Sock Snowman: Kid Craft Contributor - January 4, 2013
- Glitter Snow Globes – Kid Craft Contributor - December 14, 2012
- Indian Corn Napkin Rings – Kid Craft Contributor - November 2, 2012
- Furry Halloween Spider – Kid Craft Contributor - October 5, 2012