Hi Sugar Bee readers!! It’s Shatzi from Love and Laundry back again for my monthly kid craft post!! Safety Pin & Bead Bracelet!
This month, I wanted to do something fun for Mother’s Day! This is a really easy project that middle aged kids can do for their mother or grandmother. Is “middle aged kids” a thing? I’m thinking anywhere from about 5 or 6 up. Obviously, the younger the kids, the more help they will need! – – find this full post over on Love and Laundry HERE!
Here’s what you need to make your own:
- Lots of small safety pins! Like 60-75, depending on how wide you want the bracelet
- Beads. Any small kind will do. I used small glass beads.
- 2 strings of 16″ long stretchy clear jewelry cord. I used .8mm kind.
The first thing you do is open the safety pins and put the beads on. I fit for on each pin.
Look how pretty they already look!
Now it’s time to string them onto the the stretchy clear cord. To make it easier for the kids to string, use a hair clip to keep the 2 strings together at the end. That way the safety pins won’t all fall off!
Thread one string through the top of the safety pin and the other through the bottom. To keep it even, flip every other safety pin upside down. And make sure you are stringing them all bead side up!
See how the second safety pin is upside down?
Keep stringing them all on until you have this:
Then, tie the strings together to form a bracelet.
The stretchy elastic string can be hard to knot tight. And the last thing you want is for it to fall apart! A trick to get it to stay put is adding a little dab of super glue to the knot.
Now all you have to do is trim the elastic cord and enjoy your Safety Pin & Bead Bracelet!
I’d love it if you came to visit me over at www.loveandlaundry.com!
- Kid Craft Contributor – Popsicle Stick Puzzles - July 5, 2013
- Melted Bead Keychains – Kid Craft Contributor - June 7, 2013
- Safety Pin & Bead Bracelet – Kid Craft Contributor - May 3, 2013
- Pinwheels – Kid Craft Contributor - April 5, 2013
- Homemade Moon Sand – Kid’s Craft Contriubtor - March 1, 2013
- Kid Craft Contributor: Handprint Valentine Cards - February 1, 2013
- Sock Snowman: Kid Craft Contributor - January 4, 2013
- Glitter Snow Globes – Kid Craft Contributor - December 14, 2012
- Indian Corn Napkin Rings – Kid Craft Contributor - November 2, 2012
- Furry Halloween Spider – Kid Craft Contributor - October 5, 2012