It’s that time again – another Michael’s Makers challenge! We all have stressors during the holidays and this month the Michaels Makers were asked to come up with creative and fun holiday hacks and tips to help relieve some of that stress and make holiday entertaining and prepping fun! We were given 5 common holiday hiccups to choose from and I went with DIY Gift Ideas – because you know I love a good DIY! And I went a step further and pulled together 5 Neighbor Gift Ideas that you’ll want to try yourself!
They’re all made with simple craft supplies that you can find at Michaels Craft Stores.
1. Banana Bread Loaf – so I think a loaf of yummy bread is a typical neighbor gift. What makes this special is the super awesome ceramic bread pan – it has a cute fluted edge and come in several colors (you know I HAD to go with the aqua) and you can find them at Michaels for a great price. I baked up the treat right in the pan, so when the gift is given, not only do they get a yummy treat, but an awesome bread pan to keep. Way better gift than the disposable pans.
2. Root Deer – these are a classic – my cousin’s go-to neighbor gift. The craft supplies you’ll need are googly eyes, red perler beads (or red pom poms), and brown pipe cleaners, and some hot glue (all can be found at Michaels) – I picked up the fancy rootbeer at my local grocery store. Just glue the eyes and beads on, and then wrap the pipe cleaners to make them antlers as shown below. This gift is always a hit!
3. Wooden Nativity Statue – this is actually a neighbor gift I made a couple of years ago and you can find the full tutorial here: Wooden Nativity Statue. The round wooden pieces and burlap and twine can all be found at Michaels.
4. We WHISK you a Merry KISSMAS – I love a fun play on words, and this makes a cute neighbor gift. I filled a whisk with candy kisses, wrapped it up (yep, Michaels has all sorts of wrap and cellophane) and printed a tag from Happiness is Homemade. Love this one!
5. Personalized Glass Plate – – this kind of goes along with the bread pan idea – as you’re giving treats, give them a gift to keep as well. Again, I made these a few years ago, and you can find the full tutorial here: Glass Etched Plates – I grabbed etching cream from Michaels and made personalized plates. Then when I delivered a plate full the treats, the gift was more than just the yummy goodies.
Michaels has tons of holiday project ideas and instructions on their Michaels.com, including gift wrapping, home décor, last minute gift ideas, hostess gifts and more. Check out the other four holiday hack topics and the unique ideas all of the makers came up with on Michaels’ blog, The Glue String